For us UNSCHOOLING homeschoolers, every opportunity is a learning opportunity (and fun!), though we’d share this story with you. It’s about having fun…
1. Precook sweet potatoes & normal potatoes in steamer. Throw in sliced carrots for garnishing.
2. When done, dish them out and start slicing them into adequate sizes. Then place them gently into a non-stick pan with olive oil and fry till slightly brown on one side. Flip over and do the same.
3. For the special sauce (and this is my original recipe – copyrighted!) Pour some worchester sauce (can never spell nor pronounce that right!) into a small bowl, add a little sugar (or honey) and some soy sauce (or healthier still, amino acid). Mix well and pour mixture into the same pan. Let it sizzle for a while and take everything out.
4. Next, pan fry the potatoes the same way but without the sauce. Instead, sprinkle a little sea salt over and some dried herbs (oregano). Pour potatoes out on a separate plate.
5. Arrange sweet potatoes, potatoes and carrots as creatively as you can on nice individual plates (think fine dining style). I included slices of French toast with baked beans to go with it.
So voila! A fine dining gastronomical experience right at home without having to rob a bank! Enjoy!