Are you ready to homeschool?
Here is a simple Test to see if you are homeschool material…..
1. Why do you want to homeschool your kid/s?
- A. To accelerate his/her learning
- B. Because schools suck!
- C. So that my kids’ talents can be nurtured.
2. How do you plan to homeschool your child?
- A. Do school-at-home
- B. Send to learning center.
- C. Mix & Match/Unschooling
3. What materials/resources are you going to use?
- A. Buy a fully-packaged curriculum
- B. Learning center provides them.
- C. Story books, hands-on learning & utilizing local resources.
4. What do you think is the most important thing in homeschooling?
- A. Having a strict studying routine.
- B. Making sure the kids do all their homework.
- C. Kids get to pursue their interests.
5. How would you assess your child’s progress?
- A. Have them tested regularly.
- B. Compare them with school-going kids.
- C. Observe their happiness level. A happy child=A learning child.
6. How do you know if you can be a competent teacher to your child?
- A. I am a degree/Phd holder.
- B. I am a certified teacher.
- C. I have a good understanding of my child and engaged with his/her needs.
7. How are you planning for your child’s higher education?
- A. I will enroll my child for all kinds of tuition
- B. I will make sure my child gets into university.
- C. I will let my child follow his/her heart.
8. Do you think you child should be the one making the decisions about his/her future?
- A. Absolutely NOT! Kids don’t know what’s good for them.
- B. Maybe, but I will make the final decision!
- C. Of course. I trust my kids fully!
9. What if things do not work out as planned?
- A. My plan cannot fail!
- B. I will send my kid back to school.
- C. We will re-evaluate the situation and make the necessary changes (prepared to look us ourselves as parents)
WHERE YOU STAND?
- If your answers are mostly A’s: please reconsider about homeschooling your kids, we are not entirely sure if it would be the in the best interest of your child. Explore more about your own learning mindset.
- If your answers are mostly B’s, you need to do more research before homeschooling, talk to other homeschoolers, engage more with your children and prepare yourself.
- If your answers are mostly C’s, you are a good candidate for homeschooling your kids! You are most ready to start!