Music Marathon was conceived as a private initiative by Md Chong Wai Leng, a music teacher, to help with another fund-raiser by the Hotels Association – Healing Through Music – to raise funds for 3 charities:
1. Paediatric Intensive Care Unit of University Malaya Medical Center http://www.hati.my/children/paediatric-intensive-care-unit-picu-universiti-malaya-medical-care-centre/
2. Food Aid Foundation
3. Saluting Her Endeavour (S.H.E.)
How it worked:
1. People pledged to perform on July 1st at Music Marathon 2018
2. By Purchasing the charity tickets at rm15 per ticket or rm150 per booklet (at the event)
3. People coming to watch the performances also purchased tickets, 100% goes to the “Healing Through Music” charity fund-raiser.
There were 30 sign-ups to perform on that day, and the Steinway & Sons piano showroom at Bentley Music was a full-house! The event started at 2 sharp with the first group of performers playing from 2-3pm, followed by the second group playing from 3-4pm, and the final group from 4-5pm. The ages ranged from 6 years of age to 39, with a varied repertoire, from Bach to Beethoven and Animenz to Yiruma! Most of them were piano performers except for some who played the guitar, a German lyre, a keyboardist, a violinist, and a few singers who sang beautifully!
At the end of the day, everyone was positively happy to have performed at the acoustically lovely Steinway & Sons showroom, on an exquisite Essex grand piano, and most of all, to be doing a good deed in helping raise funds for a meaningful cause! And the tickets could be used on the big charity event on July 8th at Holliday Villa, Subang Jaya for food and games, and lucky draws! Total ticket sales of Music Marathon was: rm1575! A BIG THANK YOU to everyone involved, and especially to BENTLEY MUSIC and STEINWAY & SONS MALAYSIA! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Lets do this again next year!!!