- Learning Beyond Schooling responds to Sir Ken Robinson’s talk on “Do Schools Kill Creativity?”
- The future of education is in Creative education
- Q&A on Teaching Your Own
- COMMENT | Covid-19 – catalyst for driving transformation of schools
- My Response to: “Unschooling Isn’t the Answer to Education Woes – It’s the Problem.”
- A - Z of Homeschooling Activities BOOKSHELF CLI CLiC Activities Commentary Conferences & Seminars Cooperative Learning Initiative Creativity Culture & Lifestylr Homeschooling Kids International Homeschooling In the news Our home schooling experience Outings and Networking Activities Parenting Personal Programs and activities Publications Questions & Answers Resource & Materials Seminars, Conference Dialogues & Talks Socialization special needs Starting Homeschool Talks Thoughts and Ideas Uncategorized Unschooling Lessons Workshops
Category Archives: BOOKSHELF
There is definitely life after babies! First published in 1999 (released in 2001), 10 years ago! Wai Leng shared her experience in her evolving role as a mother. If you have missed this earlier, this was Wai Leng’s first book (both written … Continue reading
One more before logging off for the weekend. This is an excellent book written by Ken Goodman. Found it in a warehouse sale for only RM2! [So, it’s not how much you buy, is what you buy. 😉] This … Continue reading
What we like about this book is the author know what it is like to struggle with reading and literacy. We like the fact that the author of this books draws upon her experience with dyslexia to help parents. This … Continue reading
Another book we are reading (how many are you reading at one time? – 4) This book by Josh Waitzkin gives a very different perspective to learning. Josh Waitzkin won his first national chess champion at the age of nine. He is … Continue reading
Another book we are reading…….more on the theme of happiness. This interesting book by Robert Kiyosaki is a should read. Rich Brother, Rich Sister – Two Different Paths to God, Money and Happiness This book by Robert T. Kiyosaki & Emi Kiyosaki … Continue reading
We find this book interesting. What has this got to do with homeschooling?
We are re-reading this book again. I think this is a good book to give you a big picture of the education today. Parents need to rethink and understand education completely.
We recommend 2 more books to read. One relative easier read the other…. takes a little more discipline… Enjoy!
If you have not got enough of Sir Ken Robinson, this is a MUST BUY book.
Danger: School! Other India Press, Earthbooks This is an interesting resource to help us understanding the short-comings of schools and why we desparately need revaluate the entire education and liberalize it. As such, alternatives such as homeschooling is essential. Download … Continue reading