- Learning Beyond Schooling responds to Sir Ken Robinson’s talk on “Do Schools Kill Creativity?”
- The future of education is in Creative education
- Q&A on Teaching Your Own
- COMMENT | Covid-19 – catalyst for driving transformation of schools
- My Response to: “Unschooling Isn’t the Answer to Education Woes – It’s the Problem.”
- A - Z of Homeschooling Activities BOOKSHELF CLI CLiC Activities Commentary Conferences & Seminars Cooperative Learning Initiative Creativity Culture & Lifestylr Homeschooling Kids International Homeschooling In the news Our home schooling experience Outings and Networking Activities Parenting Personal Programs and activities Publications Questions & Answers Resource & Materials Seminars, Conference Dialogues & Talks Socialization special needs Starting Homeschool Talks Thoughts and Ideas Uncategorized Unschooling Lessons Workshops
Category Archives: Seminars, Conference Dialogues & Talks
We have reached a stage where the early years of home-educators have graduated and found promising employment, (some have even gotten married!) and the younger adventurous ones are jumping onboard in droves.
“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few. ” (Suzuki Roshi) This is the quality of mind that is essential for all learners, be it learning about our universe, learning academic subjects or … Continue reading
Our approach We practise a child-led, interest-driven approach whereby the child is the path-finder and our role as parents is to help open the doors of knowledge by setting up scaffoldings to help the child manoevre along the obstacles-laden path … Continue reading
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
What a night it was! We celebrated a COMMUNITY that brought us together. We celebrated a BIRTHDAY of a senior citizen. We celebrated FRIENDSHIPS old and new, that mattered. We celebrated with FOOD that did not cause the sacrifice of … Continue reading
If you are in Penang, we will be Bukit Mertajam – check is out!
(and for other hours as well, why stop there?). Let’s begin with what NOT to do. Caring for our environment is not about having parties and shopping or excuse to malls. It is not an excuse for malls to make … Continue reading
Learning Beyond Schooling to us is not just getting out of the school building. It is about taking a totally different mindset to a shift in paradigm. Learning beyond schooling is a process (learning process even) to redefine the whole … Continue reading
This was a paper presented the FamilyPlace Education Forum held on July 29, 2000 by Dr Latif Kamaluddin (Reported by Lydia Teh) *We hope you find this useful and insightful coming from a parent and educationist. KVWL I don’t have any … Continue reading
Homeschooling, to us, is a way of life centered on spiritual practice. At the core of it is MEDITATION – which is, the observation and contemplation of life with its ups and downs, fears and worries, ignorance and delusions. True … Continue reading